My website is getting a makeover!
My cousin-once-removed, Stephanie-k, is working with me to update colors and structure. We’re streamlining the site to reflect the changes my designing business has undergone in the last ten years. Yay!
This green jacket is one of the projects we’re dropping from the original site. The model is my daughter, when she was eight years old. Now she’s almost nineteen.
It’s easy to dress up a jacket with a furry collar and cuffs.
You will need:
- Jacket, purchased or handmade
- Lion Brand Fun Fur or Festive Fur to match or contrast with jacket, 1 skein.
- Size 10-1/2 US knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge of about 5 1/2 sts per inch/2.5cm in garter stitch (knit every row).
- Sewing thread to match yarn
- Sewing needle and tapestry needle
Cast on 8 sts. Knit every row until piece is long enough to reach around the jacket neck. Bind off. Weave in yarn ends with tapestry needle.
Cast on 8 sts. Knit every row until piece is long enough to reach the bottom edge of the sleeve. Bind off and cut yarn, leaving 6″/15cm end of yarn for sewing. Repeat for the second sleeve. Use the end to sew the cuff ends together. Weave in the yarn ends.
Pin collar and cuffs in place. Hand sew collar along neck edge. Hand sew cuffs along the bottom edge of the sleeve. Hand sew cuff to sleeve the upper edge of the cuff, about 1-1/2″/4cm from the bottom edge of the sleeve.